Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Team Xbox Q&A: Katie, who works with Xbox Media

I took a while this week to meet up with Katie, a Program Supervisor who works with Xbox Media, whose identify you may acknowledge from latest posts about Dolby Imaginative and prescient. Be taught extra about Katie, her work bringing Dolby Imaginative and prescient to the Xbox One and way more!

Katie Profile

Katie Profile

Hello, Katie! Actually recognize you chatting with us; it’s superior to get the possibility to introduce you to our Xbox Insiders. Thoughts sharing what you do at Xbox?

Actually!  I’m a Program Supervisor on the SiGMA crew, engaged on Xbox Media.  Principally, I assist ship prime media experiences on Xbox by means of new options and exterior accomplice help.  Everyday, my position can embrace working with exterior companions (like Netflix and YouTube) to greatest help their apps on our platform, working with inner devs to repair numerous bugs or points, or evaluating new options we wish to allow.

You latterly labored with Dolby to deliver Dolby Imaginative and prescient to consoles for the very first time! Are you able to inform us a bit about what that work seems like?

Bringing Dolby Imaginative and prescient help to Xbox was a very thrilling and difficult mission to work on.  Once we began taking a look at this know-how, no different sport console had applied Dolby Imaginative and prescient.  We labored extensively with Dolby to architect an answer to help their know-how on our platform.  It additionally required a major collaboration with Netflix with the intention to deliver this new characteristic to their software.  This was an enormous endeavor, and required very shut partnership with all three firms.  It was a tremendous expertise to guide such a big mission, and have a profitable characteristic launch.

OK, I’ve gotta know: What sort of TV do you will have, and is it appropriate with Dolby Imaginative and prescient?

Ha!  I’m somewhat embarrassed to say, I don’t personal an actual TV.  I’ve a 10 12 months outdated pc monitor with a VGA adapter for video, and a hardwired controller plugged into pc audio system for my audio.  I’m pretty low tech at residence, and as an alternative spend numerous time outside.  Nevertheless, I’ve been eyeing the brand new LG OLED TVs, and will improve later this 12 months.

We’ve labored alongside the Ladies in Gaming group to characteristic the ladies on our crew, and one factor I actually loved was how we had been requested to supply up recommendation to ladies now aspiring to work throughout the gaming business. Do you will have any recommendation for the ladies studying our weblog on methods to get began in gaming or know-how?

Nice query, I’m actually enthusiastic about serving to individuals (particularly ladies) get into the gaming and know-how fields.  My largest piece of recommendation is to go large – search out alternatives that scare you.  After I was graduating school, I signed up for an interview with Microsoft within the hopes that I’d get a free lunch (there was no means I believed I’d truly get a suggestion).  And a 12 months in the past, a dream job opened up on a unique crew, however had been on the lookout for a Senior or Principal Program Supervisor and I used to be nonetheless very Junior.  Nevertheless, I went to the hiring supervisor and informed him, “You must rent me for this place.  That is an space I like, and a know-how I do know.  By the way in which, my identify is Katie.”  Every week later I had the job, and have beloved it ever since.

I feel ladies particularly tend to promote ourselves quick.  We’re continually bombarded by the imposter syndrome and the worry of not being adequate.  So my recommendation is to go large and be daring regardless of these fears.  Get hold of the areas you’re enthusiastic about, and go after alternatives even if you happen to don’t assume you might be certified.

What are you at the moment enjoying? Or do you will have an all-time favourite sport that you simply don’t assume individuals ought to miss out on?

I take pleasure in repeating video games and choosing up on the entire humorous jokes and references I missed the primary time by means of.  Proper now I’m replaying Borderlands 2, and I actually take pleasure in Tiny Tina’s explosive character.  She has a quest to gather crumpets, and now every time I see a crumpet retailer in Seattle, I consider the sport.

In the identical vein, what’s the best Achievement you’ve unlocked?

In Borderlands 2, there’s an area known as the Circle of Slaughter.  It took my pals and I nearly per week to final all 5 rounds and get the achievement for Went 5 Rounds.  There was plenty of shouting concerned as we made it during.

Thanks once more for taking the time to talk with us, Katie! Are there any areas on-line our readers can attain out and comply with alongside along with your work?

I’m probably not on social media, but when anybody has follow-up questions, be happy to direct them @xboxinsider on Twitter. Thanks for having me!

 

 



source http://mygiftsgamesandtoys.org/team-xbox-qa-katie-who-works-with-xbox-media/

No comments:

Post a Comment